beginning of content:

Once students are approved by the College Board for testing accommodations, they and their SSD Coordinators need to ensure that the correct accommodations are in place every time the students take a College Board exam.

Approved accommodations remain in effect until one year after high school graduation (with some limited exceptions) and can be used on the SAT, SAT Subject Tests, PSAT/NMSQT, PSAT 10, and AP Exams. Students do not need to request accommodations from SSD a second time.

Next Steps for Students

As a student whose accommodations request has been approved, your next step depends on which exam you’re preparing for:

  • For the SAT and SAT Subject Tests, use your SSD number each time you register online. If you're approved for accommodations after you register, check your SAT admission ticket to make sure it’s been updated, or contact Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD). Learn more about Taking the SAT with Accommodations.
  • For the PSAT/NMSQT, PSAT 10, and the Advanced Placement® Exams, tell your school that you have been approved for accommodations. Learn more about the PSAT/NMSQT and PSAT 10 or AP Exams.

Home-schooled students and students no longer enrolled in an accredited school who are taking the SAT with school-based accommodations should contact Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD) to arrange a test date and location. School-based accommodations—such as 100 percent extended time and use of a computer or reader/scribe—are accommodations that cannot be provided at test centers. Eligibility Letters explain which accommodations are school-based.

Making Changes

To find out what to do when students need to change their accommodations or no longer want to use their accommodations, visit Changing Accommodations.

Students with College Board–approved accommodations who switch schools should contact the SSD Coordinator at their new school. SSD Coordinators should use SSD Online to record the transfer. Learn more about Transfer Students.