Taking ACCUPLACER, CLEP, or other College Board Exams with Accommodations

Accommodations for ACCUPLACER and CLEP exams are approved by schools, colleges, or test centers, so students do not need to go through the College Board request process before taking those exams.

If students need accommodated test formats—such as braille or a prerecorded audio (MP3 via streaming)—the schools or test center must order them before test day.


Is the accommodations request process the same for all College Board tests?

No. Accommodations for the following exams always require SSD approval: PSAT/NMSQT or PSAT 10, SAT, AP Exams, and CLEP with remotre proctoring. These tests do not require SSD approval: PSAT 8/9 (unless required by the state), ACCUPLACER, and CLEP (in a test center).

Read more