Is the Accommodation Received for School Tests?

Students who request an accommodation on College Board exams usually receive that same accommodation on the tests that they take in school.

However, because College Board exams differ from classroom tests, students should consider whether the accommodations used in school are needed for the College Board tests. For example, a student who needs assistance walking in the hallways or participating in physical education will not need that accommodation for a College Board test.

Students who receive an accommodation in school do not automatically qualify for the accommodation on College Board exams—even if they have an Individualized Education Program (IEP) or 504 plan. The request for accommodations must still be approved by College Board’s Services for Students with Disabilities.