Students who require assistive technology must request each device or software separately. The requested technology must be the same one that is used in school during class tests. Once approved, this technology must be available for use during College Board testing.
Disabilities may include visual disabilities, physical disabilities, or others that impair the ability to read or write as well as learning disabilities.
Please provide a detailed description of the assistive technology, including the names, version numbers, and what functions you intend to use. Some examples may include:
- Electronic magnifying machine
- Text-to-speech (i.e., screen reader)
- Electronic or talking calculator
Because of issues related to test security, not all technology used in school may be appropriate for use during College Board testing. For example:
- When using assistive technology, you may not be connected to any network.
- You may not use your personal computer or that of a family member.
- All unapproved aids are not allowed and must be disabled.
- You may not use any additional functions or software during the test that has not been approved by College Board.